Sunday 7 December 2014

A bucketful of chicken drumsticks

We had a barbecue. We had invited lots of people. We had a bucketful of chicken drumsticks marinating in a delicious five spice, ginger, garlic and sesame marinade. My daughter counted the drumsticks and thought of the flock of now dead chickens that had supplied them. It turned her vegetarian. Well, to start with she still ate fish. And on the odd occasion was known to give into the urge for a big juicy steak. But a year and half later she's a proper vegetarian and whilst she would happily live off macaroni cheese and instant noodles, I feel I need to provide a more varied and balanced diet. So I'm going to record my recipes, successful and otherwise, here. I say 'and otherwise' as a result of the heavy, dense sweet potato gnocchi I inflicted on the family a couple of days ago. Fortunately the 'and otherwise' meals have so far been in the minority. The rest of the family are not veggie. We are quite happy to go without meat quite a lot of the time. But not all the time. So some of these recipes will have meaty or fishy additions that our resident veggie girl can ignore.

1 comment:

  1. A very good point to start with ,hope to see some amazing recipes through this journey... Good luck,
    Sp

    ReplyDelete